Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Birthdays

I’ve had a few memorable birthdays. I have a vague recollection, like a 20 second mental video clip, of my second birthday in Ohio. My grandparents gave me a plastic Little Tykes swimming pool, complete with built-in steps and slide. Someone rolled it out and leaned it against the side of our gleaming white garage. I had a birthday at McDonald’s once, and we threw bean-bags into the mouth of a big purple Grimace character cut out. I had a party at Interskate in Lewisville. I had slumber parties, where my friends and I made ridiculous home videos that we thought were hilarious. My friend Amanda and I had a party together when we turned fifteen. Now THAT was hilarious.

But today, on my twenty-ninth, I want to talk about a different kind of birthday. A better kind of birthday.

Yesterday was my brother-in-law, Trevor’s birthday. His spiritual birthday. Yesterday, he went to church with us and heard an amazing message presented in a creative way. Trevor has been to church with us before, and because of that, I’m sure that he has heard the Gospel before. But yesterday, he came to church with us and, for the first time, received it.

Now, I know that you’re supposed to keep your head bowed and eyes closed when the new believers are asked to raise their hands. But I just HAD to look. My spirit was jumping up and down at the sight of Trevor's raised hand. I had to look.

I’m a sinner. What can I say? And, while I’m admitting my hand-looking issues, I should admit that this isn’t my first time to peek down the aisle.

At an Easter service in 1993, my brother Adam and I both prayed the invitation. We’ve never talked about it… I only know about Adam’s salvation because I looked down the row, past all our family members, during the closed-eye hand-raising. I am so thankful that I looked up and saw Adam’s hand that day.

I cannot fully express the joy I find in knowing that these brothers of mine are also brothers in Christ. These are birthdays that I will give thanks for and celebrate each and every day!

1 comment: