Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Home-Cooked Food = Food Cooked at Home

There is something deeply gratifying about preparing a delicious home-cooked dinner. And let me just say that home cooked for me does not necessarily mean that I made it all from scratch. Sunday, I made chicken enchilada soup using a Homemade Gourmet recipe and leftover Chicken Express. It’s like recycling a delicious dinner into yet another delicious but completely different dinner! Like I said, it’s not from scratch but I still made it.

Saturday night, my dad and brother joined us for a fabulous steak dinner. I had the pleasure of creating a meal, even though I did nothing more than throw salad in a bowl and bake a few potatoes. Andy is the grill master. I have absolutely no skills when it comes to charcoal, so I leave it all to the man.

Sidebar: I have this huge issue with being stereotypical. Ask Andy. I don’t like fitting in to general stereotypes. But I haven’t the slightest problem with the old 1950’s definitions of women’s work. I love being the lady of the house, taking care of my husband and our boys. I like stirring pots in the kitchen while the man stands at the grill, searing red meat with fire. It’s who I am. God made me for this.

So, anywhoo…

Wednesday, I decided to try a creamy pork tenderloin recipe from Melanie at Big Mama. Sort of. I knew I was going to make this recipe when I went to the store, but I didn’t even look at the list of ingredients until it was time to cook. So I had to improvise a few things. Still, it all worked out. I’m sure that the results of following the actual recipe would be even better, but the three people who bothered to eat this dinner really enjoyed it. (P doesn’t eat dinner most of the time. It’s a wonder that he survives.)

There’s just a special feeling that I get when I cook. Well, I guess the really good part is serving up what I have made, sitting down around the table, thanking God and enjoying the blessing of a home-cooked meal shared with loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment