Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Break a Leg!

Tonight is a big night in the Boyd house. We have several different things going on, which I generally try to avoid, but sometimes it can’t be prevented. And that’s okay. It keeps things interesting, and it is what it is.

Andy is teaching the second installment of a Bible study class at Fellowship Church Downtown, called “Jesus Who?” While I will miss having him with us for our other festivities tonight, I am glad that he has this opportunity to teach. He loves it, and I love him!

The children and I have our own plans. We are going to have dinner a little earlier than usual, and we are having a family favorite: pizza. Plus, we’re going to have fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert. (We don’t always have dessert, so this is a major highlight for the children.) We are eating early because tonight is Open House at school. I know both of the boys are excited about showing off their classrooms and the work that they have hanging in the hallways.

But tonight is not only Open House… It is also the night of the Kindergarten Program, “The Three Piggy Opera.” You’ll never guess what it’s about. Parker has the very prestigious role of Narrator, an honor that he shares with only three other schoolmates. I am SO excited about it! Yesterday I went to the Walmart and bought a new memory card and batteries for the camera. I want to capture P’s theatrical debut on film so that Andy and others who miss the live performance will be able to watch it later. I am just praying that the kids don’t get stage fright! P just read this over my shoulder and said, “They never get stage fright. ‘Cause they’ve practiced it a ton!” Notice the use of the word they. He doesn’t seem to realize that he’s one of the kids, and stage fright doesn’t usually hit you during rehearsals… it’s that big live audience, with all their staring eyes and camera lenses. But I’m not going to tell him. I don’t want to freak him out.

Break a leg, my boys!

1 comment: