Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Break out the mom jeans and minivan.


We've always known that our children would someday need serious orthodontia. Both Andy and I are veterans of the Metal Mouth Club who previously faced a variety of issues. We wore braces, rubber bands, retainers. There was even involvement of a pallet spreader and headgear. Sadly, our poor children inherited all of our dental problems. The boys made their first trip to our orthodontist on Monday. Those were some scary looking x-rays, my friends. I shouldn't have been surprised.

So today, suddenly, Jackson has braces. I can't believe I have a kid who is old enough to have braces. Scratch that. I can't believe that I am old enough to have a kid who is old enough to have braces. I always thought that I would be older when my boys were ready for such things. I pictured myself, I don't know, more mom like. I'd put on my mom jeans, slurp a glass of Metamucil while I watch the news, load the kids up in my minivan, and drive them to the middle-aged man orthodontist. Cliche. My imagined scene was very different than the reality of my life, which I consider a great blessing!

Jackson is doing very well. He watched Ice Age the Meltdown while reclining in the dental chair, seemingly oblivious to the hands and tools at work on his teeth. He doesn't really have anything to compare this experience to, so all he says is that it's "weird" to have braces.

Parker is fascinated. He stares and asks questions. On the ride home from our orthodontist, he said, "Jackson, I really like your braces. I can't wait until I can have braces, too. I'm going to start wiggling my teeth tonight so they'll fall out sooner." Lord help him. Actually, don't help him. P's mouth is such train wreck... the last thing he needs is for his little baby teeth to come out too soon!

2 comments:

  1. Braces, really? Is it true? Little J is now Big J. :)

    Mom jeans are AWESOME. Please be sure that your first pair doesn't have any pockets on the butt. That makes you look REALLY sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEEEEEY......I just realized. I had a kid with braces. Did I contribute to this archetype? Ha ha!
    It is weird. Even weirder when they get them back off!

    ReplyDelete