Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Praying for Faith

There have been lots of things swirling around my brain since my last post. Yesterday I was trying to decide what I wanted to talk about, finally sitting down to read up on what other bloggers have been talking about, when I read about Faith. And all the swirling came to a halt.

There is urgency here, friends.

Please stop and pray for Faith and her family. You can pray without information, right? If you don’t have a full box of tissues nearby and twenty spare minutes to have an emotional breakdown, I suggest that you stop reading here, shoot up a prayer, and come back later. If you have the time and the tissues, or you think you can handle it (I couldn’t), then continue.

Or should I say, “Welcome back, now that you’re ready to do some heavy sobbing.”

I first read about Faith yesterday on Marla Taviano’s blog. She is an author in Ohio. This is today’s post:

If you missed yesterday’s post, Faith, a little 6-year-old girl at Ava’s school, has just been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. It’s extremely aggressive, and while doctors originally (a couple days ago) gave her six months to live, now they’re saying she could stop breathing in as little as 6 weeks. And I heard from a teacher today that they’re thinking even sooner.

Basically, she needs a complete and total miraculous act of God to live. And that’s what I’m praying for. And will keep praying for until He heals her or takes her home.

Her mom’s faith in God is incredible. She said today that “I do not understand God’s purposes or plans, but nothing that could ever come about in this life will make me love him any less.” You can keep up with how Faith is doing on her Caring Bridge site. And if you didn’t get a chance to leave a comment yesterday, please sign her guestbook. I know she and her family will be so encouraged.

During radiation today, they asked Faith if she could meet anyone in the world, who would it be? Faith’s answer? “Jesus and God.”

Please pray especially for Faith’s sister, Trinity (9) and Faith’s first-grade teacher, Mrs. Taylor. They’re both having a really rough time.


This family’s situation is unfathomable. I struggle to wrap my head (and especially my heart) around coping with such devastating news. Read the Caring Bridge updates. Faith’s mother’s words are awe-inspiring. Her faith in the Lord is extraordinary.

Please join me in prayer for this family.

2 comments:

  1. The comforting thing I've been telling Him lately is...I (am trying to) trust the plan you have for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an emotional basketcase by nature, so reading further into your blog after the first few paragraphs was sure to cause the sprinklers to turn on. Not being a mom, and not understanding the heartbreak that losing a child could cause, I can only imagine. But I do know how great our God is, and knows every tear, every thought and every prayer. I'll be praying for Faith, her family and those around her.

    ReplyDelete