Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Have a Hard Time Trying New Foods

I’m super weird about trying new foods. Reason number four million sixty five? Last Monday night’s dinner experiment.

I do this thing called The Grocery Game* that gets us lots of cheap food. The low expense affords me the opportunity to try new products with little financial risk. I've found some great new crackers and cereals through The Game, so I confidently branched out in the frozen food aisle. I decided to try a new product for the first time last week, because it cost me about ten cents. What’s the harm, right? If it’s bad, I’ll only lose ten cents.

And some dignity.

The product was Gorton's frozen "lemon butter fish filets." They looked more like Spongebob Squarepants than fish filets. And they tasted more like an old shoe. An old shoe that has been dusted with lemon Pledge.

Dinner was so bad that after just one taste, I said to Andy, “You don’t have to eat this. I’m not going to.” We stood up from the table, threw it all away, and went out to a restaurant. It was a bit reminiscent of A Christmas Story, when their turkey dinner was destroyed and they went out for Chinese. Only we didn’t have any tableside entertainment.

Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaaa, ri-ra-ra-raa!



This post originated on MySpace about a year ago, but the incident is still brought up in our household frequently. I don’t think I’ll ever forget it! Can you relate?

*I highly recommend that you try the Grocery Game for yourself. If you do, please enter my email address in the referral section! fcboyds@yahoo.com Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. At first I thought I missed a meal. Or blacked it out from my memory from last Monday. Then I read the update. And thanked God that we didn't have a repeat of that lovely meal.

    I love you, though, for feeding our family. Because if it was up to me, it would be peanut butter sandwiches all around...all the time, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha....awesome! One time my friend Angie gave me a recipe called "Rice Crispy Chicken." She said her husband begged for it he loved it so much. I made it to recipe, feeling pretty doubtful because of the ingredients, but I kept recalling her strong recommendation. Collin and I took one bite, exchanged looks and did the same as you did! BLEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete