Plexus Ambassador

I've just begun my journey as a Plexus Ambassador. By now, I'm sure you've heard of Plexus. Want to learn about what it can do for you? I'm here to help!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Maybe the Plexus is warping my brain.

Maybe the Plexus is warping my brain. Because I literally forgot about soda yesterday. As in, I forgot that it existed. Bahaha! This might sound dumb to you, but I can't stop grinning about it. Not everyone is into soda, but most people have some kind of unhealthy habit. What's yours? What if you could just forget about it?

Last night I was telling a friend about how my sugar and carb cravings have changed. Not only have I not HAD a Mountain Dew in over a month... I haven't WANTED one. I used to drink all the soda. If we had it in the house, I had it in my glass. If we didn't have any, I would come up with an excuse for an outing so I could stop somewhere and get some. Ridiculous, guys. I had so much caffeine in my system, I would have to medicate myself just to get to sleep at night. Even then, it wasn't a very solid sleep and I woke up still tired every morning. What I needed was to quit soda, but I could never seem to get rid of the cravings. I've tried before, but the feeling of deprivation was constant. And if I was having a difficult day, my willpower just crumbled.

Every afternoon, right around the time my kids got out of school, I would feel so tired and suddenly hungry for carbs: crackers, chips, sweets... All of it. Even when I'd been drinking soda all day! I would make healthy snacks for my kids (Because their health is important!) and then just eat whatever garbage I was craving. How backward! If I'm going to take care of my family, I have to take care of myself.

I started using Plexus products at the beginning of December, and I am never going to stop! I knew that soda was bad. Hey - We ALL know that soda is bad. So I committed to quit it. But I had no idea how easy it was going to be! I have no plans to quit sugar completely. My name is Carissa, and I like sweets, okay? All I wanted to do was break my soda habit. The change in my carb and sugar cravings really took me by surprise. I still want something sweet everyday... The difference is how much it takes to satisfy. I'm content with one or two small pieces of candy, where before I would've gobbled it all up and then felt terrible! Why did I do this to myself?

I LAUGH when I think about how good I feel and how great it is to be FREE of that addiction! For real. Like a lunatic, alone in my home (or in the car, or the grocery, or wherever I am when it hits me) I laugh.

Sometimes I wonder what took me so long, but it doesn't matter. I know that I'm never going back.

"... She laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment